托福听力对话日常用语汇总整理

发布者:火狐媚影 时间:2022-11-15 12:58

托福听力对话日常用语汇总整理 ,这10个高频俗语俚语要了解。今天小编给大家带来了托福听力对话日常用语汇总整理,希望能够帮助到到大家,下面小编就和大家分享,来欣赏一下吧。

托福听力对话日常用语汇总整理 这10个高频俗语俚语要了解

托福听力对话类10个高频俚语汇总

1.beats me我不知道

Beats me. We haven’t learned that.

我不知道。我们还没学过那个。

2.beat it走开

Beat it! I’m busy right now.

走开!我现在正忙着。

3.beat a dead horse白费口舌,白费力气

I’ve already made up my mind. There’s no sense beating a dead horse.

我已经下了决心,不要再白费口舌了。

4.John Hancock签名

Put your John Hancock right here.

请在这里签名。

5.keep it under raps保密

Don’t tell anyone about the party. Let’s just keep it under eraps.

不要吧晚会的事告诉任何人。这件事情不要泄漏出去。

6.kick around讨论;多考虑一下

Let’s kick around a few more proposals before we come to a final decision.

我们最后决定之前多考虑几个方案吧。

7.junkie瘾君子

The junkie stole money in order to buy more drugs.

这名瘾君子为了买更多的du品而偷钱。

8.put away大吃大喝

I’ve never seen anybody put away so much food and still look so thin.

我从未见过这么能吃的人还这么瘦。

9.put a move on挑逗

He tried to put the moves on her, but she turned him down.

他想要挑逗她,但她拒绝了他。

10.put one’s ass on the line两肋插刀,不惜一切

I put my ass on the line for you. I know you’ll do the same for me someday.

我为你两肋插刀,我知道有朝一日你也会为我这么做。

托福听力练习对照文本

We've just seen two contemporary large birds that cannot fly: the emu and the ostrich.

我们刚刚看过了不能飞的两种现代的大型鸟类:鸸鹋和鸵鸟

Over here is an interesting specimen from the past.

在这边还有来自过去的一种有趣的标本。

This stuffed animal is not the giant penguin it appears to be, but an auk.

这个填充玩具动物并不是它看上去那样的巨型企鹅,而是一只海雀。

This particular kind of auk is very rare, only 78 skins are known to exist and most are not preserved as well as this one.

这种特殊种类的海雀非常稀有,据了解只有78具皮囊存在,而且大多数没有被保存的像这一个一样好。

The great auk, as you can see, was a rather large bird, and it couldn't fly either.

这个大海雀,正如你所看到的,是一只相当巨大的鸟,而且它也不能飞。

However, evidence suggests that the auk was an excellent swimmer and diver.

不管怎样,证据表明海雀是一个优秀的游泳者和潜水者。

Unfortunately, those abilities did not protect it from being easy prey for hungry sailors who years ago sailed the very cold and often icy waters of Greenland, Iceland, and Scotland.

不幸的是,这些能力并没有防止它成为多年前航行在非常寒冷而且经常结冰的Greenland, Iceland, 和 Scotland的水域的饥饿的水手们容易捕获的猎物。

In fact, records indicate that the auk was rather tasty and that its eggs.

事实上,记录指出海雀相当的美味可口并且它的蛋,

Excuse me . . . that its eggs and feathers were useful as well.

对不起……它的蛋和羽毛也同样有用。

Still, it isn't clear what other factors led to the big bird's demise around 1844, the last time anyone reported seeing one.

仍然,尚不清楚其他什么原因导致这种大鸟(在大约1844年)消亡,最后一次有人报告见到一只(是在大约1844年)。

Of course, we believe it's important to take extra precautions to preserve the remaining great auk skins.

当然,我们相信采取额外的措施来保护剩余的大海雀的皮囊是非常重要的。

After all, these specimens should prove invaluable for future scientific research.

毕竟,对未来的科学研究而言这些标本应该是无价的。

Does anyone have any questions before we move on to our next bird exhibit?

在我们转移到我们接下来的鸟类展览之前,任何人有任何问题吗?

托福听力练习对照文本

I'd like to begin by thanking Dr. Kane for inviting me to be here today.

首先,我要感谢Dr. Kane邀请我今天来到这里。

Although I'm not a geologist, I have been collecting minerals for years.

尽管我不是地质学家,但我已经收集矿物质很多年。

My collection is really diverse because I've traveled all over the world to find them.

我的收藏非常的多种多样,因为我跑遍了全世界去寻找它们。

Today I've brought a few specimens for you to see.

今天我带来了一些样本来给你们看看。

After I discuss each one, I'll pass it around so that you can look at it more closely.

我每讨论完一种之后,我将会把它传下去以便你们能更近距离的观察它。

As you know, feldspars are the most abundant minerals and are divided into a number of types.

如你所知,长石是最丰富的矿物,并且被分为许多种类。

These first samples are orthoclases.

首先这些样本是正长石。

Notice that they vary in color from white to pink to red.

注意它们在颜色的变化是从白色到粉色到红色

This glassy one is found in volcanic rock.

这个透明的是在火山岩中被发现的。

In fact, I found it in New Mexico on a collecting trip.

事实上,我是在New Mexico的一个收集之旅中发现的。

This next sample that I'll pass around is a microcline mineral, also called amazonstone.

下一个我将传下去的样本是一种微斜长石矿,也被称作天河石。

You can identify it by its bright green color.

你可以通过它明亮的绿色来识别出它。

It's often used in jewelry and really is quite attractive.

它通常应用在珠宝上,并且真的很吸引人。

These final samples are all plagioclase feldspars.

这些最后的样本都是斜长石。

Many plagioclases are very rare, so I'm particularly proud of the variety in my collection.

许多斜长石都是非常稀少,所以我特别骄傲于我的收藏的多样性。

I've also brought a few slides of some larger mineral samples, and if you'll turn out the light now, I'd like to show them to you.

我还带来了某些大的矿物样本的几个幻灯片,而且你们如果关上灯,我想把他们展示给你们。

托福听力练习对照文本

Welcome to Yellowstone National Park.

欢迎来到黄石国家公园。

Before we begin our nature walk today, I'd like to give you a short history of our National Park Service.

在我们开始我们今天的自然漫步之前,我想给你们(说说或者介绍一下)我们国家公园管理局的一段短短的历史

The National Park Service began in the late 1800's.

国家公园服务开始于十九世纪晚期。

A small group of explorers had just completed a month-long exploration of the region that is now Yellowstone.

一小群探险家刚刚完成长达一个月的区域探索,那就是现在的黄石。

They gathered around a campfire, and after hours of discussion, they decided that they should not claim this land for themselves.

他们围着一堆篝火,并且讨论了几个小时之后,他们决定他们不应该声称这片土地属于他们自己。

They felt it should be accessible to everyone.

他们决定每个人都应该可以进入。

So they began a campaign to preserve this land for everyone's enjoyment.

于是他们开始一项运动去为了每个人的乐趣来维护这片土地。

Two years later, in the late nineteenth century, an act of Congress signed by President Ulysses S. Grant proclaimed the Yellowstone region a public park.

两年后,在十九世纪晚期,一项被Ulysses S Grant签署了的国会法案宣告了黄石地区为公众公园。

It was the first national park in the world.

这是世界上第一座国家公园。

After Yellowstone became a public park, many other areas of great scenic importance were set aside, and in 1916 the National Park Service was established to manage these parks.

在黄石成为了一座公共公园之后,许多其他的有很棒的风景胜地的重要性的区域被挑出,然后在1916年国家公园管理局被建立来管理这些公园。

As a park ranger, I am an employee of the National Park Service.

作为一名公园管理员,我是国家公园管理局的一名雇员。

In a national park, park rangers are on duty at all times to answer questions and help visitors in any difficulty.

在国家公园中,公园管理员们是全天候值班来回答问题并帮助有任何困难的游客。

Nature walks, guided tours, and campfire talks are offered by specially trained staff members.

自然漫步,由导游带领的旅行,还有篝火会谈由受过专门培训的工作人员提供。

The park service also protects the animals and plants within the parks.

公园管理(工作)也保护公园内的动物和植物。

Copyright © 2022-2024 领地网 www.lingd.cn 版权所有 蜀ICP备09043158号-4

声明:本网站尊重并保护知识产权,根据《信息网络传播权保护条例》,如果我们转载的作品侵犯了您的权利,请在一个月内通知我们,我们会及时删除。