历史的大山:马萨诸塞堂校园情景对话

发布者:求真痴者 时间:2022-11-15 12:02

马萨诸塞堂有着历史的大山之称,以下是小编给大家整理的历史的大山:马萨诸塞堂校园英语情景对话,希望可以帮到大家

Han Meimei and John have finished their visit to Harvard Museum of Natural History.

H: Han Meimei J: John

H : Where,s our next stop?

H:我们下一站去哪儿?

J: What about the Dining Hall?

J:去食堂吧。

H: The Dining Hall? Oh, it’s already one o’clock. You must be hungry.

H:食堂?哦,已经一点了,你肯定饿了吧。

J: Listen, my stomach is rumbling?.

J:听,我的肚子在咕噜咕噜叫呢。

H: Sorry, I have been immersed? in the wonderful life at Harvard and lost track of time.

H:不好意思,我一直沉浸在哈佛的美好生活中,忘了时间。

J: How could you enjoy life without enjoying food? Let’s go and have lunch. But be prepared, you’ll be amazed by what you,re going to see.

J:不享受美食怎么能叫享受生活呢。去吃午饭吧,但要做好心理准备,你接下来看到的东西会让 你大吃一惊。

H: I've prepared for it. Everything just makes me so excited.

H:我做好准备了,哈佛的一切都让我兴奋不已。

(They arrive at the Dining Hall.)

(到达食堂)

H: Oh, My God! I can’t believe my eyes. Is it a palace or something?

H:天哪!我不敢相信自己的眼睛,这是宫殿还是什么?

J: Just the Dining Hall. What do you say?

J:就是食堂。你觉得怎么样?

H: Beyond expression?. I think I,m so excited that I have no stomach? for lunch.

H:无法用语言表达。我太激动了,我想我设有胃□吃饭了。

J: Really? Don’t be envious? when I enjoy my steak.

J:真的?我享用牛排的时候可别眼馋哦。

(After lunch)

(吃完饭后)

J: I’m full. Let’s go to visit the freshman? dormitories.

J:我饱了,咱们去参观一下新生宿舍吧。

H: Are they like palaces too?

H:宿舍也跟宫殿一样吗?

J: Nope, Han, don’t glorify? Harvard to such an extent.

J:不是啊,韩,别太美化哈佛了。

H: Then why must we go there today? I prefer something more interesting.

H:那为什么我们今天非要去看宿舍,我宁愿去更有意思的地方。

J: The dormitory building I’m going to show you is also a historical site. It tells the history of Harvard.

j:我带你去的宿舍楼也是一个历史景点,它承载了哈佛的许多历史。

H: Oh, I see.

H:这样子啊。

(They arrive at the Massachusetts Hall.)

(到达马萨诸塞堂)

H: I find that almost all the buildings are crimson?.

H:我发现几乎所有的楼都是深红色的。

J: Crimson is the color of Harvard, representing solemnity?.

J:深红是哈佛的颜色,代表了庄严。

H: Indeed.

H:确实。

J: This building is called Massachusetts Hall.

J:这个楼叫马萨诸塞堂。

H: It doesn’t look like a dormitory building. I don’t see many students. These rooms look like offices.

H:看起来不像宿舍楼,没看见多少学生。这些房间看起来更像是办公室。

J: That’s what makes it special. The top administrators work at the first three floors, and freshmen live in the fourth floor.

J:这就是这个楼的独特之处。高层领导在头三层办公,新生住在第四层。

H: It could be either a good thing or a bad thing.

H:是好事也是坏事。

J: Why? I think it’s a good thing because the students can meet the top administrators.

J:为什么呀,我觉得是好事呀,学生可以见到校领导呢。

H: If I lived here, I would not feel free to do whatever I,d like to, for example, playing music loudly in the dorm room.

H:如果我住这儿,就觉得干什么都不自由,比如无法在宿舍大声放音乐。

J: Like it or not, it is said that the building will be sold and freshmen won,t be allowed to reside there any longer.

J:不管喜不喜欢,据说这楼要被卖掉了,以后就不允许新生再住在这儿,了。

H: To whom?

H:卖给谁?

J: To the central administration of Harvard University.

J:卖绐哈佛大学的管理中心。

H: Wait a minute. Doesn’t the Hall belong to the University?

H:等会儿,马萨诸塞堂不属于哈佛大学吗?

J: It does. It belongs to the College of Arts and Science now.

J:属于呀,现在属于文理学院。

H: I'm confused.

H:我有点搞不明白。

J: You know, the United States itself have fifty states, each of which is independent of the federal government in some respects?.

J:你知道美国本身有50个州,每个州在某些方面是独立于联邦政府的。

H: You mean the central administration of Harvard has a decentralized? power?

H:你的意思是哈佛大学管理中心的权力也是分散的?

J: Therefore, the Hall will be “sold” rather than be “given” to the central administration.

J:所以马萨诸塞堂与其说是"送绘”还不如说是“卖结"管理中心。

H: The students up there must be glad at the news. They can move to new dorms.

H:住在上面的学生听到这个消息肯定很高兴,可以搬到新宿舍了。

J: Not necessarily. If it were me, I would feel it’s a pity?.

J:那HI不一定。如果是我,我就会感到很遗1感。

H: Why?

H:为什么?

J: This is the oldest building on campus, and has experienced many historical events. People can smell the smell of history in it.

J:这可是校园里最古老的楼,而且还经历了很多历史事件,人们在里面可以感受到 历史的气息。

H: That makes sense?,

H:有道理。

J: Besides, from its birth to today, it has been used as a dormitory building. Many people just want to keep this tradition alive.

J:再说,从它建成之日起到现在都是用作学生宿舍楼,很多人就想保留这个传统。

H: Memories are priceless.

H:记忆无价。

Copyright © 2022-2024 领地网 www.lingd.cn 版权所有 蜀ICP备09043158号-4

声明:本网站尊重并保护知识产权,根据《信息网络传播权保护条例》,如果我们转载的作品侵犯了您的权利,请在一个月内通知我们,我们会及时删除。